COVID-19 UPDATE: We are open! Our team is working and offering consultations via phone, e-mail, and video conferencing.
Car Accidents At Michles & Booth, You Will Not Be a Victim Twice.

Tampa Car Accident Lawyers

Acclaimed Advocates Pursuing Justice for Auto Accident Victims

Every day, we get into our cars and drive to work, to the store, or to see friends and family. Yet despite knowing that traffic collisions are a real possibility, we hardly expect to be involved in a major car accident. This only makes it all the more unnerving when it happens -- and even more so when we are not at fault for the accident.

When another driver’s negligence injures you in a car accident, you have the legal right to be compensated for your damages. At Michles & Booth, our seasoned trial lawyers are renowned for our skill and acumen. If you qualify for legal action, we could help you obtain compensation to cover medical bills, short- and long-term disability, physical therapy, pain and suffering, future lost wages, mental anguish, and/or any other damages you have incurred.

Hire Effective Legal Representation

Michles & Booth is a leading personal injury practice serving communities throughout the state of Florida. We recently opened our Tampa office to better serve our growing client base. If you have been injured, our team of trial lawyers -- backed by the support of our firm’s paralegals, medical investigators, and former detectives and police officers -- will help you assert your case with confidence.

Our approach to legal representation focuses on you, the client. We cannot guarantee a favorable resolution, but we will work directly with you to ensure your case keeps your voice front and center. We know that we work for you, not the other way around as some lawyers may act. This grounded, personalized approach has allowed us to recover millions of dollars for injured state residents over the years. Let our effective legal team advocate for your rights.

Why wait any longer? Contact Michles & Booth online today for a free consultation with our Tampa car accident attorneys.

When and How to File a Car Accident Lawsuit

Anyone injured by another driver’s negligence can file a lawsuit against that driver. Before you assert your right to sue, you should go through your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. (All Florida drivers are required to have this coverage.) Still, it is best to consult an attorney as early on as possible. Insurance companies are notorious for denying valid claims; our attorney team can protect you from an insurance agent’s attempts to make you a victim twice.

We will work to build a strong legal case on your behalf through:

  • Reconstructing the accident
  • Interviewing witnesses and obtaining their testimonies
  • Consulting law enforcement officers regarding the 911 call and accident report
  • Consulting medical experts (including our own in-house medical investigators)
  • Reviewing any pertinent records or information regarding the crash

Just because your insurance claim was denied does not mean you have a weak case. Through a civil lawsuit, our legal team may help you recover compensation for the losses you have experienced.

PIP Insurance: What You Need to Know

As mentioned, all drivers throughout the state are required to have PIP coverage, or no-fault insurance, which will kick in regardless of who is at fault for the accident. It is of the utmost importance to report any accident and injuries to your PIP provider as soon after the accident as possible. Likewise, it is crucial that you seek medical help immediately -- your provider will likely deny any claim for medical coverage if you wait longer than 14 days after the crash to see a medical professional.

In general, PIP will pay up to 80% of your necessary medical expenses, 60% of the wages lost due to your injury, and all household services. The downside is, it will only pay out up to $10,000 -- or as low as $2,500 if you have not sustained an emergency medical condition -- for all these expenses combined. If you have suffered a serious injury, such as a spinal cord injury, your medical expenses alone will easily surpass your policy limit.

Therefore, you may also sue the at-fault driver if they caused you severe injury, such as the following:

The earlier you start the legal process, the more likely it is that you will recover compensation. It is common for the defense to use gaps in time against you, claiming your injuries resulted from another event or someone else’s negligence.

Proving Fault and Liability in a Car Accident Lawsuit

It is important to note that you can only recover compensation if a majority of the blame lies with the other party. Often a party will be considered at fault for committing the following types of negligence:

  • Drunk driving
  • Texting and driving
  • Speeding
  • Tailgating
  • Ignoring the rules of the road
  • Acting out due to road rage

Fortunately, victims still have the right to sue if they are partially at fault for the accident under the state’s pure comparative negligence rule. All this means is that they will not be able to recover all the damages they suffered. Instead, they will be compensated for the percentage of damages the other party caused them to suffer.

For example, if you are 10% at fault and the other party is 90% at fault for the accident, the other party will reimburse you for 90% of your damages. Say your damages total $20,000. You would have to cover 10% of that amount (or $2,000), while the other party would cover 90% of that amount (or $18,000).

Call (800) 848-6168 for a Free Consultation

Our trial lawyers at Michles & Booth share more than 80 years of experience in litigating car accident cases. Our success has won us acclaim from the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers®, the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and many more. Above all, we are most honored by the respect and confidence of our clients and peers. With our team of Tampa attorneys, you can trust that we will fight tirelessly for you in your case.

Don’t be a victim twice. Call (800) 848-6168 to connect with an award-winning Tampa car accident lawyer.

Let Our Clients Do the Talking

  • “My case was handled in a very professional manner.”

    - Taylor Roland
  • “Everyone I talked to was on point. Every question answered in a timely manner.”

    - Doug Weinberg
  • “You are very professional and take care of clients.”

    - Jeremy Angel
  • “Most pleased with how my lawyer handled it and cared about me”

    - Marian Prayer
  • “Questions and answers immediately”

    - Richetta Brown
/

Our Firm Values

  • Care for Our Community

    Our firm is extremely active in the community, and we are committed to giving back.

  • Dedicated Staff

    With a team of over 80 staff, you will receive the attention and care that you deserve!

  • Board-Certified

    Our firm has the experience and the qualifications to fight and win for you.

  • No Case Is Too Big or Too Small

    Our team is dedicated to our clients, and we are not afraid to take a case to trial.

Do Not Wait to Take a Stand

Let Us Fight on Your Team Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.