Florida Truck Accident Lawyers
We Fight to Hold Negligent Truck Drivers & Companies Accountable
The massive size and weight of semi-trucks and 18-wheelers dwarf the average automobile. As a result, crashes between semi-trucks and passenger cars or motorcycles often have devastating outcomes.
At Michles & Booth, we work to hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for the immense harm they cause. Our Florida truck accident lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and fight for a favorable outcome.
If you or your loved one was involved in a truck accident in Florida, call Michles & Booth at (800) 848-6168 to request a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
Liability in Truck Accident Cases
Accidents involving commercial vehicles are often complicated, as there are very specific regulations regarding who is liable. In any case, these accidents often result in severe injuries due to the size of the vehicles involved. Additionally, truck accidents often involve many different parties.
In a given truck accident case, any of the following parties might be liable:
- The truck driver or trucking company: The driver may be working for the company that owns the truck, or the driver may be the sole owner and operator of the vehicle. If the driver works for a company, they should have an insurance policy covering that vehicle. If not, the driver should have one.
- A third-party business: If the trucking company was hired by a business to transport goods, you may have a case against that business.
- The manufacturer of a truck part: If something mechanical went wrong with the truck, you may have a claim against the manufacturer of that part.
- Another automobile driver: If another car was responsible for the crash, you may have a claim against that driver.
You may have a claim against one or all of these parties, making these claims extremely complicated. In addition, proving negligence in these cases can also be very complex. For example, our attorneys and investigators may need to review the truck driver’s logs to determine if he/she drove over the allowed number of hours or if he/she did not carry out proper truck maintenance procedures.
Because of the complicated nature of these cases, it is important to call an attorney if you or your loved one was involved in a truck accident. An investigation must be completed before the trucking company has a chance to repair their truck or remove evidence that could be vital to proving your claim.
Available Damages in a Truck Accident Case
Available damages in a truck accident case may include:
- Loss of wages, including current wages and future earnings
- Medical bills, including past, current, and future expenses
- Compensation for physical or emotional pain and suffering
- Compensation for loss of companionship
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
Truck drivers have difficult and challenging jobs. Long hours operating a large 18-wheeler can take its toll. But having a stressful job is no excuse to not follow the regulations governing their industry.
There are many causes of trucking accidents, including:
- Driver fatigue
- Negligent driving
- Improper truck maintenance
- Alcohol and drug use
- Improper truck loading
Truck drivers work for large corporations and are often insured under commercial policies. Commercial insurance policies are not like your standard motor vehicle policy; they are often long and confusing.
Large trucking corporations may also employ tactics to avoid responsibility and minimize your payout. These are reasons you should call the Florida truck accident lawyers at Michles & Booth for help.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
The Michles & Booth investigation department has years of experience in responding to and investigating trucking accidents across the Gulf Coast. Our investigators know how to gather key evidence to help you receive just compensation for your injuries.
If you have been injured as the result of a negligent truck driver, don’t be a victim twice. Contact our Florida truck accident lawyers to discuss your rights. Initial consultations are always free.
We can be reached online or by phone at (800) 848-6168.
Watch Our Videos
Let Our Clients Do the Talking
Our Firm Values
Care for Our Community
Our firm is extremely active in the community, and we are committed to giving back.
With a team of over 80 staff, you will receive the attention and care that you deserve!
Our firm has the experience and the qualifications to fight and win for you.
No Case Is Too Big or Too Small
Our team is dedicated to our clients, and we are not afraid to take a case to trial.